Some things to do, things to see and interesting things to know, to turn your stay into a relaxing experience of unforgettable, remaining, heart-warming and ever vivid memories.
- The ‘Kalmthoutse Heide’, a wonderful nature reserve
- The ‘Arboretum of Kalmthout’, an internationally renowned botanical garden
- The ‘Bijenteeltmuseum’ (beekeeping museum), time to meet these little buzzing Bumbles
- ‘De Vroente’, Flemish nature and environment centre of knowledge and education.
- Provincial ‘Suske en Wiske’ (Willy and Wanda in the US/Luck and Lucy in the UK – Famous Flemish Comic Books) museum – Children’s Museum
- Nature reserve ‘De Maatjes’
- Military Domain ‘Klein Schietveld’
- Public parc ‘Strijboshof’, a park which accounts a wide variety of trees and the island Amoras, a fairy tale playground for children
- Un Peu D’O, a wellness resort in the heart of Heide (a small village and part of Kalmthout)
- ‘De Bakkersmolen’ (Bakery Mill) in Essen
- Van Goghhuis (Van Gogh Residence) in Zundert
We have a large and diverse collection of books, novels and comic books which can be enjoyed free of charge during your visit. Because we would also like future guests to fully enjoy our written wonders, we kindly ask you to handle our books with care and respect.
2 bikes are at your disposal.
Bicycle storage available for your bikes.